Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quilt Gem Number ONE

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

So, after having had a blog for several months and never having posted anything, here I am - taking the plunge!

One of the things I enjoy is our guild's charity quilt group meetings.  We play with fabric, make up simple patterns and eventually, we make quilts for charity!  Currently, our quilts go to Christ's Home in Warminster, PA who takes in children of all ages who are in need.

Learn more about Christ's Home at http://www.christshomeforchildren.org/

Check out a snippet of one of my charity quilt UFOs - it's the background of my blog header!  I just know I'm going to have a hard time letting go of this one! :)

It's a simple pattern of focus fabric strips alternating with strips of coordinating fabric rectangles.  I think it's a definite quilt-in-a-day!  

Until next time....


1 comment:

  1. Hey Gina, cute quilt! Looking forward to what else you may design and share!

    ReplyDelete