Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Travelling Girl, Part 1

Where do I start?  I have so much to share with you!

First, our families and friends on the East Coast are constantly in our thoughts.  Sandy packs a wallop and it is simply heartbreaking to listen to the news.

Last week, my husband and I went to San Antonio.  What a beautiful city!  We tried to see all we could but among the best things to do were to visit the Alamo, where we were moved by the stories, and enjoy the Riverwalk.  For my birthday dinner, we went on a dinner cruise on a barge that went around the Riverwalk.   Curiously, everyone else who had made reservations to be on the same cruise cancelled!  So, Mike and I shared our own private dinner cruise with Wayne the waiter and Dan the captain!  How awesome is that?!

Made from rattlesnake rattles!
I was quite fascinated by the architecture and design of the buildings and bridges over the Riverwalk.  It seemed as though each bridge was unique and the buildings were something else.  Here are some pictures - including that neat hexagon tile floor!


A building along the riverwalk

Riverwalk
One of the bridges.
One of the bridges.  Love the curls!


Market Square

Prickly Pear Margarita at Boudro's

The Riverwalk at twilight
After San Antonio, we headed to Houston to attend Quilt Market but that is for the next post!  Though I must say that it is always so much fun to see old friends and friendly faces!


No comments:

Post a Comment